Thursday, March 6, 2008

Florida and Michgan to vote again?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/05/congressman-calls-special-meeting-to-discuss-fla-mich-delegate-dispute/

This is one of the biggest issues with the Democratic Party and liberals in general. They accept no accountability for their actions. There is no responsibility for their decisions. It also explains the majority of their opinions on major issues. With liberals, there is no personal responsibility. I have said this before and I will say it again. We as a country have not, and I don’t know if we ever will, recover from the Hippie Movement of the 60’s and 70’s. Free love isn’t free; somebody has to foot the bill.


You see this time and time again with Liberals and Democrats. Look at some of the major issues and the opinions of the Dems on those same issues:


Abortion – Classic case of no personal responsibility, if you get knocked up, you get rid of the kid, easy. And before you start, there are circumstances beyond the control of the mother and these are unfortunate, but not nearly as common as the pro-choice groups would have you believe.


Immigration – Another classic, no penalty for entering this country illegally. Free ride. Amnesty.


Economy (Specifically the mortgage crisis) – You take out a bad loan or you give a bad loan, too bad, deal with the consequences. If this means you lose your house, tough. If this means the bank falters, tough. If this means this country falls into a recession or worse, then we should live to learn from our mistakes.


Wars (Iraq and Afghanistan) – You threaten our country or you bomb us on our own soil, the Dems want to cut and run. I say we bomb them back, and we continue to bomb them until we see the white flag, and it’s not us waving it.


Welfare – At what point to we determine, that your providing for your family is your responsibilty. I think with the working poor, there is some room for help because somebody has to bag my groceries, but if you're not working, don't come looking for me to support you.



Universal Healthcare – I pay for my own.


The left doesn’t believe in personal responsibility. They believe in things like welfare and universal healthcare. Don’t get me wrong, I believe in the Golden Rule and am as concerned as the next guy about the wellbeing of my fellow Americans, but this is why I give 10% of every penny earned to charity. That is my choice. It’s not legislated, I do it because I have a responsibility to my fellow man.


My point is this; the Democratic National Party warned the respective parties of Michigan and Florida that if they changed the date of their primaries solely in order to get in on the early action, then the DNC would not recognize those states delegates. In my opinion, this is how it should stand, what’s done is done. You’ve made your bed, now lie in it. However, before all is said and done, Florida and Michigan will vote again, and there will be no consequences for their actions.

1 comment:

THE GOAT said...

Anderson Cooper called, you're on tonight at 8:00 sharp..

via satelite..Godspeed Man

"Rage against the machine"