Sunday, March 30, 2008

How Much the United States and the Freedoms She Allows Means To Me

To my potential relegation to the fiery pits of Hell I will say that there is one thing I put before Jesus Christ, my lord and savior; the United States of America. This one thing shall always be more important to me for one reason and one reason only. The existence of the United States will always ensure that humanity will be allowed to worship Jesus Christ as our lord and savior. The very first right that we as citizens of the United States enjoy is the freedom to worship in a way that suits us as individuals while not being forced any or no choice at all. For this reason I risk my acceptance to the kingdom of heaven in the eyes of my lord.

I have wrestled with this for a number of years now. My personal beliefs are complicated to say the least and at times even contradictory. Nevertheless I am a Christian and believe in Christ. Still, I feel that the preservation of my right to worship is more important that the substance of that which I do worship.

I feel that the message of Christ will always have a place within the hearts of humanity just as many other messages will. The ability to worship in a manner that we as humans and citizens of the United States feels are right will in fact guarantee this. Once one religion is officially given preference over another however, this right will cease to exist.

This said the United States was founded on principles dear to that of Christianity. These very principles allow the beliefs in other religions as well as none at all. This is why we as the United States must maintain a secular government free from the judgment of any spiritual being and led by the wisdom and humanity of man. This secularism will allow the freedom of all religions without accommodation.

Our responsibility as Americans is to ourselves and those who long to be free. That freedom, though embodied with many things is defined by our freedom of worship. Truly those who seek the freedoms that America offers must understand that nobody is above another in the eyes of our constitution.

No comments: